Practices to Avoid as a Real Estate Agent
Now that you know how to become a real estate agent in India, let us look at some of the practices that a real estate agent should avoid in order to be successful and stay out of trouble:
- Don’t carry out your business without registering with RERA first.
- Avoid getting registered through fraud or misrepresentation.
- Avoid saying ‘No’ to small, last-minute jobs just because they’re not listed in your job description. Taking care of last-minute chores could actually help you close the deal.
- Don’t give false expectations to clients.
- Avoid wasting your client’s time with poor communication, the sudden cancellation of plans without valid reasons, not returning calls, etc.
- Avoid selling unregistered property.
- Avoid getting into fraudulent activities and unfair trade practices.
- Don’t be the one who loses important information and client or land documents.
- Avoid advertisement of services that will not eventually be offered to the client.
- Avoid having bitter relationships with your peers and competitors who are doing well in the business.
- Avoid filing any fee disputes against your client.
- Avoid favouring your own interests over your client’s or prioritizing one client’s interests over another.
- Avoid fraudulent, unethical, and/or discriminatory clients.
The information provided above is sure to have answered your question – how to become a real estate agent in India. Becoming a property dealer is not very challenging, provided you possess proficient knowledge about the real estate sector and have a knack for it.
If you register under RERA and receive your license/certificate, you can proudly say that you’re a professional real estate agent. Furthermore, with certain tactics and qualities, you can have a highly successful real estate career.