What is a Real Estate Agent?
A real estate agent is one who connects buyers and sellers for real estate transactions and acts as a mediator or representative in their negotiations. Real estate agents are licensed professionals who work for a real estate broker (a brokerage firm or an individual) who possess a specialized license and more experience.
Whether you’re selling or buying property, a real estate agent will help you close the deal keeping all your requirements in mind. He/she will guide you at every step, from property research to closing the real estate transaction. Generally, the agent’s fee includes a percentage of the property sale price. Before reading about how to become a real estate agent in India, here’s a list of the general duties of real estate agents that include research, administrative work, and marketing:
- Schedule appointments and presentations
- Determine client’s financial abilities and needs
- Update property listings
- Answer emails and phone calls
- Search open listings and find properties
- Carry out comparative real estate market analysis
- Draft documents (leases, closing statements, deeds, contracts, etc.) and deliver them
- Stay up to date with real estate trends, markets, and best practices
- Network with local businesses and potential clients
- Prepare and distribute promotional material
- Run advertising campaigns
- Manage their social media/online presence
- Build a business website or blog